Monday, September 3, 2007

My alarm clock

Today, we are out of school - yeeha! As usual, Max woke me up to go out about 5:00 then we went back to bed. Typically on a school day, I get up between 6:30 and 7:00. This morning, Max began whining about 7:00 - I knew he didn't need to go out again, so I ignored him for a bit. Well, the whine got progressivly louder until was a full fledged bark by 7:15. Finally, I rolled over, looked at him and said...in a not very happy voice, "Max, there is no school today...go back to bed!" He jumped to his favorite corner of the bed and went right back to sleep! The sweet thing was making sure I was up for school! Dogs can be pretty smart!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Pets are so smart! My cat did the same thing the first few days after I was laid off. Now she is used to having me home and doesn't make a fuss. I'd say your dog is a bit more advanced than my cat...he actually laid down after you told him 'No School'!