Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A new tree...

As the new year begins, I am ready to turn over more than a new leaf...I am ready to turn over a whole new tree...I have to - for Emma's sake...and my own! So here's my list...

1. Read through the Bible - not just read, but take it in and let it change my heart

I have a one year Chronological Bible that I will be using. I love the fact that it is in order - especially as I get to Psalms- I can read about what was going on in David's life when he wrote each Psalm. It is conveiniently divided into 365 daily readings!

2. Deepen my prayer life - being more deliberate

I bought a prayer journal tonight. I want to keep track of my prayers and the many ways God will answer. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

3. Be more organized

4. Be a better steward of the blessings God has given to me...get my debt paid off, more money in savings, less money on useless stuff that I don't need

Create and USE a budget, pack my lunch instead of going out, fewer McDonald's Diet Cokes (that one really hurts!)

5. Lose at least 40 pounds

My goal is to lose about 1 lb per week. I will eat more veggies and fruit, less junk, drink more water.

6. Exercise more...I have a really nice treadmill that wants to be used for it's intended purpose!

My goal is to walk at least 30 minutes three times per week.

Are you ready for your part in this??? You, my friends, are my accountability! I will update you every Friday (I hope) and let you know how it's going. Please pray for strength, wisdom, and stick-to-it-ness! It's going to be a great year...I can feel it in my bones!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm.. ok, I'm going to join you on the treadmill thing. I'm going to start in mid Jan. Let the miles begin! See you Fri right? (Hope so! Plane reserv. are made! :)

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Erica said...

I'm with you, Angie!

The day after Christmas I was so disgusted by the amount of food I consumed that I immediately started cutting back. Now, I'm trying to get back in the habit of exercising 5 days a week, instead of the 2-3 times I have been doing the last year or so.

Which Chronological Bible did you buy? I've actually been looking into that because it has been years since I read my Bible all the way through--and I doubt I understood as much as I thought I did. Feel free to e-mail me if you have time!

Kim said...

You go girl! I think you can accomplish all those goals :)