Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Places to go...people to see...

I am so excited! I am going to have quite the summer! I figure, I may as well travel while I wait on Emma because I won't be able to do so, nearly as much with her! So...my summer plans...



First, I am going to Missouri to visit these sweet gals




Aren't they cute?



Then, I am heading back here...The last time I went, it rained every day...I am praying for better weather this time! It was still beautiful though!

I actually climbed down this rocky cliff...that's my friend, Katie at the top. She didn't climb...she was 8 months pregnant. Those who know me, know that I don't typically rock climb...but I did this and was so proud of myself!
These are the sweet folks I am going to see...with the addition now of baby Carter. Justin and Katie lived next to me when I was getting my Masters...I lived in Married Student Housing...HA! I could smell her home cookin' and then that sweet thing would invite me over for dinner. YUM! She is SUPER cook!

I am also planning a trip to Chicago with two other single girls who are adopting from china. we are going to the Chinatown Summer Fair. I am excited to meet these girls who have become dear friends - even though we've never met. We share a bond - strong and deep - through the ups and downs of the adoption process.

There are other things I plan to do, but these are my main trips. Teaching has it's perks, for sure. But please note that between all these trips, there are 21 hours of inservice that I am doing for school as well as packing up my classroom -everything - so they can move it out to clean and then unpacking it again in the fall. Perks doesn't mean easy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your summer. Sounds like fun! Aaron and I have tried to take several little trips during this LOOONG wait, too, since we know that won't be as easy with a little one.

Come visit us at camp this summer if you can. We will miss not having you there.