Thursday, July 31, 2008

Celebrate the Wait!

Today was a special day! I planned a dinner party to celebrate being 18 months into the wait for Emma. I made cards inviting friends and family to the best local Chinese restaurant. I made favor boxes in pink "take-out" boxes. I filled them with Chinese candy and goodies and tied them with brown ribbon and chopsticks. They turned out so cute!
The pink and brown theme continued into the dessert I planned...cupcakes in the shape of the number 18.



Our entertainment was the son of the family who owns and runs the restaurant. He is an amazing pianist! After each song, he would stand and take a bow!
Elizabeth also sang "Amazing Grace" for us...priceless!


Enjoying all the yummy food!
I met my friends Chip and Katy at the singles Bible study I attend...funny, they are no longer single. Congrats to them - they just got married in February.
These are my teaching buddies...Andrea and her son Trevor (Trevor was in my class this year) and Sue.


Aunt Becky, Uncle Gary and cousin Amy
Uncle Charlie (I couldn't say Charlie when I was little...he was my "Uncle Sorry") Aunt Susie and cousin Reid
Susan, Elizabeth, Dave, John, and Mrs. Betty (aka Mamaw)
Finally, my Mom and Dad



All of these people have been so supportive of the whole adoption process. It's amazing how much we all love Emma...already. Mrs. Betty said it best when she said, "I feel like we already know Emma...we just haven't held her yet." What a great way to "Celebrate the Wait!"




5 comments:

Kacey said...

Hmmmmm....I know a bunch of those folks in your pictures. What a fun celebration! You are so creative. You'll have to put that memory in your Happy Thought jar.

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun way to celebrate 18 months! Congratulations!

Susan said...

What fun!! Merci!!

Erica said...

Wow, what a great idea! I'm glad you had a lot of fun and your friends and family celebrate the wait with you.

Tiffany said...

How fun! LOVE the take out boxes and the whole thing! So creative and cute! I can't wait until you are celebrating with her in your arms! That day is coming...