Monday, September 1, 2008

My Labor Day

I really prefer to do anything BUT labor on labor day, but so much for that! My Mom, Lara (my sister-in-law) and I went shopping today. We had fun, but the shopping itself was pretty depressing. I am not too keen on the new styles...peg-leg jeans? You've got to be kidding me!!! And leg warmers...those weren't cool the first time around! Nothing fit...not even shoes. UGH! I did get one pair of shoes and one jacket so it wasn't a fruitless day.

Then, this evening something hit me...I pulled weeds, mowed the yard, washed dishes, and did laundry. Made me feel as if the title of "Domestic Diva" may not be too out of reach! At least I can say I truly labored on Labor Day!

Each time I mow, which I HATE to do, I think, "maybe this will be the last time...maybe my condo will be finished?!" I am guessing I will mow one more time. They should be finished with my condo this week or next...so they say! Guess I better get to packing!

1 comment:

JenniferLayne said...

Whooh hooh!! Yeah for the condo being almost done. :)Jen