Saturday, May 30, 2009

Role Reversal

This has been one of the hardest things to watch...to see my Granny - one of the strongest women I know - become totally dependent on someone else to meet her every need. My Mom has had the joy and challenge of being her main caregiver. I am so thankful that she has been able and willing to do this as it has been a physical and emotional challenge at times.

I feel a bit overwhelmed tonight. Granny's battle is nearing the end. She has been a little restless and uncomfortable today. As I sat in her room and just listened to her breathe...I couldn't help but ask God - in His mercy -to take her home. She has fought so hard...her body is tired. It is just unbearable to see her in this condition...I know there is a purpose in every single moment though...even the restless ones...even the ones that I wish she didn't have to endure. I pray for sweet rest for her tonight...that she would win the battle and wake up in the arms of Jesus.

No comments: