Sunday, August 2, 2009

And He answers...

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about a family who was struggling. I was able to talk to M yesterday. C came out of the coma and is home and continuing to heal. What a miracle! Please continue to pray for this family! C needs to find a job once his recovery is complete.

Just had to let you know that God does in fact hear our prayers...and He always answers them. That is not to say that He answers them the way WE want Him to answer. Did you ever see the movie Shadowlands - the retelling of sorts of the life and love of CS Lewis and Joy Gresham? If not, rent it...it's fabulous. Anthony Hopkins portrays CS Lewis. Anyway, in one of the lectures, (Lewis) says something to the effect of, "prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." As we pray for a situation, God in His Omniscience, already knows the outcome...he already knows our reaction...but as we pray, the Lord will prepare US for what lies ahead. This is truly a difficult and deep theological issue...because if God doesn't seem to answer, or the answer is not what we had wanted, it may SEEM as if God doesn't love or doesn't care. Please hear me when I say that is so not true! God's love is constant and unwavering - even for those who turn their backs on Him. Constant. Unwavering. And He does answer...always...

Therefore, as I pray, I try to always be mindful that it is God's will that I want to come about. It is His will that I want in my life - no matter what. if it were MY will and I got my way, I would be skinny, married, and rich...but God...he's brilliant you see...he has lessons for me to learn that I could only learn in the specific struggles of my life. believe me - I have been praying for a husband for a long time. Anyone who knows me has heard me say that "God has given me a desire to be a wife and a momma and I believe that He will either fulfill those desires - IN HIS TIME - or change those desires." For now, I still have those desires, so I live believing that God is working in my life to that end.

All that to say...God hears you. God hears me. His love is constant and unwavering. He will answer every prayer...and if it's not the answer you expected or desired, please don't doubt his love. Know that he, in His wisdom, is growing you into more of what He created you to be. And sometimes there's joy in that...and sometimes it hurts like the dickens. But HIS LOVE IS CONSTANT. UNWAVERING. NEVERENDING...

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I needed to read that. Thank you Angie.