Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Heavy...

Tonight as I did some candy making in my kitchen, I was drawn to the pictures on my window sill...



Remember that sweet face?  Precious Faith who is in a special needs foster home awaiting heart surgery (By the way...please consider making a donation toward her surgery...still need so much to be able to provide this surgery for her)  and prayerfully adoption.  A few years ago, I was at a retreat and one of the gifts given to me was a prayer pin...it's a tile with a clothes pin on the back.  You pin your prayers there to remind you to pray for whatever.  I keep a picture of Faith and one with Lynsay holding her to remind me to also pray for those who care for her.

Also, I was listening to Third Day's Christmas Offerings CD...There's a song on there that breaks my heart...I tried to link the lyrics, but was unsuccessful...

The gist of the song...

A little girl, alone in an orphanage in China, longing for a momma.  Across the ocean, her family longs for her...but they cannot be together for Christmas.

I think about Faith and all the other orphans...I think about Celia, the daughter of a dear blog friend, who is waiting to be united with her family, but is not home for Christmas...again.  I think about Emma.  Is she born?  Is she cold?  IS she crying?  I feel so helpless.

My heart is heavy for orphans tonight...my heart is longing for my Emma...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Tears in my eyes right now. I will keep both Faith and you in my prayers. Much love & Merry Christmas!
Cindy