Friday, April 9, 2010

And the countdown begins...

It's true...I am going to China!  I am going to finally hold my baby...the girl I've been waiting on and dreaming of my whole life...but especially that last 4 and a half years...

I leave May 5 and will return May 21...I can't believe it's happening!

While I will have plenty of company during the first half of the trip, it looks as if I will be spending the last couple of days in China -  as well as the flight home - on my own.  Talk about being baptized by fire into single motherhood!  I figure there will be plenty of people on the plane who will want her to stay quiet...so maybe they will help out a single mom in need!

Momma's coming baby girl!

10 comments:

Susan said...

It may only be 1-2 days alone.. although that's an eternity on a plane I know...

Cindy said...

It's all so exciting!!!!

And PS not all plane rides home are miserable. Celia slept for for +10 hours. I had to wake her to give her breakfast! No benedryl or anything. Just sheer emotional exhaustion did the trick ;) Now as for me, I didn't sleep a wink!

It's all gonna be so wonderful! One word of unsolicited advice. Pack as light as you can!!!!! xoxo

Jen said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy this wonderful time!!

The Johnson Family said...

We're so happy we will be traveling together. Karen's has dreaded the packaging issue and I have dreaded the plane ride back. I sooo understand the anxiety.

Tiffany said...

Oh, wow! That will be an awesome adventure! Some good bonding on the plane ride home, right? So excited for you...

Monica said...

Wow, May 5th is like... practically tomorrow!!

Amy Maze said...

I'm still waiting on my travel dates! UGHHHH! So it could still happen that we travel together? Will let you know ASAP! At this point, girl, you can do anything! You will be just fine and there will be plenty of nice and considerate "strangers"...I'm praying them in especially for you and Emma!

Unknown said...

HOORAY! If you are going to have any days alone, the last days in Guangzhou are the ones to do it. There are adoptive families everywhere at the White Swan and everyone talks to you and helps you when needed. The playroom always has another family or two in there to talk to and bounce ideas off of. You will be just fine. I even went out by myself for a few hours to do some shopping--took a taxi and everything all by myself (insert applause here). You will be just fine really.
Kelly (mother of FOUR!)

Mom Of Many said...

Angie,

I am so excited for you. I remember you telling me before about the song, "Jesus Paid it All"...Yippee Jesus! He certainly did.

I had to tell you also that my Liberty is May 11th...and as always, I love the name Emma...

I'll be following your journey...
Love, Linny xo

Susan said...

T minus 3 wks!