Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No hope for catching up...



I've given up trying to do a post for all the things in my ehad so I am just going to post some pics and tidbits about what's happened the past month. Hopefully then, I will post more regularly...


at a birthday party, Emma got her first tutu...it was a hit!

I know that toy is in here somewhere...

At the end of July, it was time to work in my classroom in preparation for the start of the school year.  I bought some toys to keep in my classroom for Emma when I have to go and work with her.  She was a fabulous helper and would rather help than play most of the time.  If I was wiping a  shelf, she was wiping a shelf.  If I was moving a box, she was right there helping.  I love this girl!


At one point I turned around and she had climbed up into my big chair.  What a hoot to see her behind the teacher's desk!

My friend Janie came to help a few days.  Janie and I taught together until she decided to bail on me and retire - BOO! I was so thankful for her help!  She and Emma had a BIG time!  She made Emma accessories from the scrap paper around things she was punching out for me.  Emma thought she was something else!  I had changed her diaper and she wouldn't let me put her shorts back on her...hence the snazzy shirt dress...


My dear friend Tina sent Emma a present.  Emma has caught on quickly to the whole present opening thing!



Thanks Tina...the cool gumball machine is a hit!

My last weekend of summer, I left Emma with my mom and went to a movie in the park with my cousins and some friends.  it was supposed to be "Breakfast at Tiffany's"  I had looked forward to this the ENTIRE summer.  No joke.  Then, when I got there, I found out they had changed it to "Wizard of Oz."  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE that movie too...but I had my hopes up...and they were dashed!  It was a fun night though!

The kid holding onto me was a total stranger...he and his mom were sitting in front of us, but he decided we needed to be buddies...I agreed!

Sweet Maisey sent Emma a letter. 


Emma loves getting mail!

I can't believe that school has started!  We are nearly 2 weeks into the year.  So far it's going well.  Emma is adjusting well to her new sitter, Heather.  It really works out so well.  Heather's girls go to my school so Emma rides to school with me and Heather picks her up there when she drops her girls off.  She even feeds her breakfast so I can jsut get her out of bed and throw clothes on her!  It's so great!  Emma loves playing with the other kiddos at Heather's every day!

Ok...so that's the jist of what's going on with my sweet babe!  Here's to better blogging...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And, how is Mom doing back to teaching?

Emma looks like quite the character--she is one strong cookie, isn't she? :)
Kelly

Amy Maze said...

i was wondering how you guys were doing. sounds like you are both adjusting well. emma is such a cutie!!

Toni Tralala said...

Look at Emma tear up that present! How adorable. :)

Erica said...

Can't believe how big she is getting--and so cute!