Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two Special Organizations

Tonight my China Adoption support group Celebrated the Harvest Moon Festival with a fabulous dinner and  entertainment by a group of children from Living Hope's Training Center near Beijing, China.  We were actually able to visit the center when I was there to get Emma...What a blessing!  These children are not considered "adoptable" because the have a living relative - even if that relative is unable to care for them.  My heart broke tonight and I just sat there sobbing as I thought of how their lives could be different if they could be in a family.  The training center is phenomenal...don't get me wrong, but wouldn't a FAMILY be a better option?  I just don't undertand.  There was one song the children sang and many of them just cried as they sang.  The words were in Chinese, but I could feel their hearts as they thanked the families who sponsored them.  Several of them had a sponsor there and they brought them up on stage - it was so moving.  I am thankful for those who are able to make a difference in the lives of these Angels. 

I want to share with you a way that you can help these dear ones.  Project Orphan Blessing is an outreach of Living Hope International.  This program helps to provide food, clothing, and other necessities for children around the world through care packages, mission trips, and sponsorship.


Tremendous program...I am blessed to know so many people in that video...people who are making  a difference for so many kiddos!  My heart was so touched by the whole program tonight.  The children have been trained in dance and movement and are just super talented!  Amazing!  The kids are on tour for the next couple of weeks.  They care going to be in North Carolina and Pennsylvania.  You can read more about their tour and the training center here.  If they are near you...don't miss it!

No comments: