Saturday, January 28, 2012

Celebrating Chinese New Year at School!

Chinese New Year was January 23.  I wanted Emma to be able to share some of the traditions with her friends at school.

She wore one of her Chinese outfits...

Emma and her dear teacher, Miss "Bef"  (Beth)
I made red envelopes and included a few coins for each child...
I found the clip art online, and sent it to a dear friend of mine from China to make sure it said,
"Happy New Year!" and not something else!

I collected several books and a few other things for her to share.  The kids all had a blast! 
Emma enjoyed sharing a bit of her heritage with them!


Wish I had been a fly on the wall to see her sharing with her friends.  I have a few pictures her teacher printed, but couldn't get them on here...

Great memories for Emma!

No comments: