Well, I survived! The week at camp was fabulous! Here are some snippets from the week...
1. I conquered the fire wire! It's a zip line that traveled down over the campfire. In the grand scheme of things, it's really like a kiddie roller coaster or zip lines, but it was a BIG step for me. Climbing the ladder to the jumping off point was the hardest! The kids were chanting, "God is with you!" It cracked me up! Then as I went down the zip line, due to my fluffy nature, the line was smoking...the kids said I was "on fire!" Classic! It was the biggest thrill and my going inspired others to try it! It was great to hear the kids encouraging each other!
2. We made a sculpture out of starbursts and bubble gum...I may never be able to eat starbursts or chew gum again!
3. One of our games was "fling the orange and blue mashed potatoes at your counselor" And I was the counselor! I think I still have potatoes in my ears! Don't worry...we also threw plenty of them on the kids, too!
4. We played slip and slide kickball! They had to slide into each base! At least they smelled better after this game!
5. And most importantly, lives were changed. Four students rededicated their lives to Christ and 5 chose Jesus back and were baptized. WOW! How awesome!
I had a great week, but was so glad to get home! I have been trying to catch up on sleep. Max, my dog, was so glad to have his Momma back! Now's the time to start the laundry...UGH!