Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Little Retail Therapy

The top picture shows my two favorite things that Kristi gave me. I remember both Maisey and Marley in these. I can't wait until Emma wears them, too!


I spent this week with my best friend Kristi and her most precious girls! We had a blast going through the M&M girls old baby clothes! I came back with a large suitcase STUFFED with clothes...can't wait until I can figure out how to post some pics! It will be so special to see Emma in those outfits that I so vividly remember Maisey and Marley wearing! I also got to spend a day with the Swindler family who has 2 sweet China babies...believe you me, I was lovin' that! Aly is 3 and Lili is 17 months. Lili wold just lay her head so sweetly on my chest! Made me even more lonesome for my Emma. SO, today as I drove home from Nashville, I decided to stop at what is I am sure the world's largest Babies r Us store! I just roamed around, dreaming of what I will buy...what I will register for...what I will need. I never knew there was so much stuff out there...I may need to rethink my small condo...maybe I need a 5,000 square foot house! I stayed sensible, though it was hard! I bought a cute bib and the famous "stacking cups!" Apparently, you can't go to China without stacking cups! It was bittersweet...I left there feeling so lost and empty...all these pregnant women and people with babies...I felt like yelling out, "I AM 4 MONTHS PREGNANT, TOO!" Only...my pregnancy has no end in sight at this moment and that leaves me feeling so out of control...lost...makes my arms feel empty...but hey! I have stacking cups!


No comments: