Saturday, July 14, 2007

odds and ends

Well...I am still here. It's been an incredibly busy few weeks. A friend said she could gage my "busy-ness" based on my blog - HA! I am now more than 5 months closer to Emma!

I have two jobs...#1 is teaching and #2 is children's director at my church. This week was VBS and it was the first one I had ever directed. It took so much more planning and working than I had anticipated. The job is 10 hours a week, but I think this week alone I put in at least 50! It was all worth it though when one little boy, Alden, came up to me on the last night and said, "Miss Angie, thanks for putting together this VBS. I had a lot of fun!" VBS ended last night and it was a fantastic week - the kids had a blast, but I am tired! So...Now is time to relax for a few days. My Mom and I are going to a cabin in Gatlinburg - thanks Bonnie and Bill! I am looking forward to laying by the pool, relaxing in the hot tub, enjoying the view, and SHOPPING! It's going to be fabulous! A much needed vacation...especially since it's time to get my classroom ready! My first day is August 6!

Here are just some random pics...can't wait to share pics from my trip!

We had a float in the 4th of July parade to promote our VBS - it was Galilee by the Sea. Thanks to Mike for the awesome boat!



When I was a little girl, I had a piggy bank just like this one...but my brother broke it paying ball in the house. He should have listened to Mom! I found this one on ebay and had to have it for Emma! Isn't it cute?!I found this shirt at Target...perfect for my China baby!
A few years ago, my Mom, Aunt Becky and cousin Amy went on a shopping trip to Gatlinburg. I found this bear in a little shop and fell in love with her. She's so cute, she's holding a quilt (I love quilts) and her name is "Emma." (even says so on her tag!) Even then I wanted an Emma! Well...my sweet Momma surprised me with it for Christmas that year and I can't wait to put her in Emma's room!

My sweet baby! He's been so neglected this week! I think he still loves me though!


1 comment:

redmaryjanes said...

We did our VBS a couple of weeks ago, Avalanche Ranch. It was fun, but as you say..a lot of work.
Hope your weekend is relaxing!