Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Again

Today, Grason kept saying, "Miss B. Whiskers don't have no eyes! His eyes are popped out!" (Bear in mind that I am from east Tennessee where our children often come to us quite skilled in the use of double negatives!) I thought he was just not familiar with what Whisker's eyes looked like. I should have known better seeing as how he sits right by the tank. Later in the day, he said, "Miss B. I really think Whiskers is dead...come look." So I did and in fact Whiskers was a floater. So sad...another one bites the dust. Just Bruce and Hot Wings left. I am convinced that Bruce just didn't want to share his tank...I think he killed them off!

It is still so incredibly hot and the grouch in me has surfaced. I think the reality of school has set in...even the kids were grouchy today. One little boy told his mom that he was sick and tired of school! Tough luck kid! At least 12 more years! It doesn't help that it's a full moon! Go ahead and laugh, but I firmly believe in the power of the moon to affect behavior! We were all nuts today! Here's to a better day tomorrow...guess I should get to bed...maybe then I won't be a grouch!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I can totally relate with you. We talked about the full moon all day at school and how awful the kids behavior was! I feel your pain! By the way, what grade do you teach? I teach first!

Angie said...

Kindergarten...all day long! :) Today was a bit better for me...hope yours was good!
Angie

Erica said...

Good to see you back! I was really missing your updates. I agree with you and Christy, the full moon wreaks havoc. As a nurse, we always watched the skies (especially when I worked the night shift) for full moons. Crazy things always seemed to happen and people are just overall more cranky.