Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tomorrow's the BIG day!

Well...its' here...faster than a speeding bullet! It's time for school to start! My children will come tomorrow morning to meet me and Bruce, our fish. They will look around the room...find the place where their backpack will hang...smell the new crayons...dream of what the year will bring. Some will cry...LOTS of Momma's will cry. Me? I will be praying like the dickens that God will supply me with every bit of wisdom I need to be the best teacher for these kids. I have 16 so far in my class...16 little opportunities to be a light in what may be a very dark and sad world. It's such a great responsibility...and so much fun all at the same time! Only teachers and students get the opportunity for 2 chances at a "New Year's Resolution!" Mine starts again...lose weight before China! I need to lose about a 5th grader! :)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Good luck at school tomorrow! The first day of school is always so exciting! Kristen

JenniferLayne said...

You can do it, Angie. Just pick a scrawny fifth grader to lose, ok? :)Let's do it together. Love you, Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey, can I borrow you tomorrow? Private Kinderg? Perhaps hire you to homeschool John? What kind of package do you need? I'm one of the Mamma's crying! :)
Love you,
Susan.
PS- don't forget about the 2 yr old 'personal trainer' that comes w/ the job...LOL!