Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Favorite Things

Tonight, I have officially renamed myself Betty Crocker. My Dad called me the Pillsbury Dough Girl, but as a fluffy thing, I'd rather not have a fluffy name! Anyhow, I am cooking my little heart out while listening to a Christmas "mix tape" made by a fellow teacher friend and having the time of my life. So far I have made my dad's favorite Peanut Butter Swirl candy, buckeyes, rice krispy treats and I am waiting on my butter to soften to make chocolate chip cookies. That made me think of another favorite thing. I LOVED the show Friends...I have all 10 seasons on DVD and watch them over and over. In most conversations with me, there will be a quote from an episode of Friends. Just ask my friends! :) Anyway, if you are a fan, do you remember the episode where Monica was wanting to make cookies and was talking about how she wished she had Phoebe's grandmother's recipe because her cookies were so good? (Phoebe's grandma had died) Phoebe kept talking about how it was a secret recipe given to her grandma by her friend, "Nezlie Tolhowzuh" Long story short, after tons of practice cookies, they figured out that it was the Nestle Tollhouse recipe. So I am getting ready to make those famous cookies...then maybe I will watch that episode while I eat a few. I bet my butter is ready! Come on by for some yummies!


Makes you hungry for cookies, doesn't it??!!

1 comment:

Shannon B. said...

Hi Angie!
I am a "friend's" fan through marriage. My husband and his sister are big fans. So, yes, I remember that one. I wish I could stop by to sample some of your baked goods, sounds very yummy! Love, Shannon