Friday, March 21, 2008

What depression does to your fridge...

We will not discuss the dates on what's in the fridge in this picture. Let's just say that scientific experiments could be done en mass! It's been quite a while since I felt like going to the store for groceries.
Today, I went. Spring break is this week and I know I will be home more and need to have some goods around! My counselor and I talked a bit about good/bad foods for depression at my last appt. Carbs bad...artificial sweetners bad...She really encouraged me to eat better - hence the veggies that don't typically grace my fridge! And fruit to boot! I am trying to replace carb-y snacks with fruit, cheese, almonds etc! I really have not had much of an appetite for the past few months...lost 10 lbs since December. Hopefully the sunshiney spring break will encourage good things all around! You will be glad to know that all foods in fridge are "in date"...can't say that for the freezer yet...maybe tomorrow!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I'm praying for you! I hope things are getting better each day. Hopefully the state of your fridge is a sign that other things will also become more colorful!

Susan said...

Its all your fault! I went to Target tonight and somehow some Milano Mint cookies fell into my cart. Miraculously they graced the hands of the checkout clerk and ended up in my car. Then wouldn' t you know it, they FOLLOWED me into my house and wouldn't leave me alone. Now, they are gone. Gone forever in a place I'd rather them not be. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Girl, what do you eat?! Lol. You should see our refridgerator! I need to take you grocery shopping- ha!