Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A special gift for Emma


Ladybugs are a sign of good luck in China adoptions. I found this Bible online and decided to get it for Emma. During the wait, I am marking special verses - verses that have touched and comforted my heart as I wait on her...verses that will guide her to make the right choices throughout her life. I can't wait to give this to her when she's older - I hope it helps her see how very much she has always been loved. The first verse I marked is Emma's name verse. I decided to adopt from China and name my daughter Emma in August of 05. My parents were supportive, but I am not sure they really thought I would go through with it. Mom and I were at a craft fair and there was a booth that did beautiful calligraphied names. Below each name was a bible verse. There was a book there about "name verses." Of course I had to look up Emma. My heart skipped a beat when I read her verse...
Therefore I tell you,
whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it,
and it will be yours.
Mark 11:24
My heart felt like it started jumping - "I belive! I believe!" it seemed to shout! What a sweet confirmation from my Heavenly Father that Emma would someday be mine!
The second verse I marked was my life verse - the verse I have held on to throughout the past several years.
Now to him who is able to do
immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us,
to him be glory in the church
and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations,
for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21
The third verse I marked is another favorite. Did you know that there are "birth verses?" You put in your date of birth - each date has a special verse. Isn't it like God that my birth verse is one of my favorites?!
How great is the love
the Father has
LAVISHED
on us,
that we should
be called children of God!
And that is what we are!
I John 3:1
By the time this wait is over, I may have marked every verse in the Bible!

No comments: