Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I feel special!

WOW! What to say...my first Blog Award! Thanks Susan for thinking of me! Susan is a dear friend...I feel as if we've known each other forever, but really, I've only known here for 3 years...almost to the day! Three years ago, I attended my very first Havest Moon Festival. Susan, her husband Dave, and their son John were there - though I didn't meet them that night. They were leaving the very next day for China to meet their daughter Elizabeth. I followed their journey daily...and was smitten with Elizabeth! Her homecoming was my first...there were so many of us gathered at the airport to greet them when they returned. Elizabeth was, of course, a ham!
Soon after they came home, I began babysitting for them...I never knew what a part of my story this precious family would become. Suffice it to say, I may have missed the chance to adopt from China were it not for Susan. I was leary...worried the time may not be right...the wait was less than a year when I started in 2005! I am so glad for her continual encouragement!

Thanks Susan...you're so dear to my heart!

So now what? I need to nominate people for this award...decisions, decisions...

First...to my dear Jen! Jen was an undergrad roomie at college. We share a love for frozen pizza and Krystal burgers! Jen's love for Jesus inspires me! She's been through tough times...but continually keeps her eyes on the one who gives her strength! She's the kind of friend everyone wishes they had! She is married to this crazy younger man who, as a youth minister, makes it his job to not only teach kids about Jesus, but also teach them how to make a plethora of bodily noises! They have three of the sweetest boys ever!

I nominate my friend Monica...mother of more children than I can count...and she homeschools them all and makes being a wife, mom, teacher, friend, daughter, etc. look incredibly easy! I know it's not though because she's not afraid to be honest about life. Monica and her husband took care of me one winter weekend...I returned to school early after Christmas Break because I was on call for a hotline. There was a snowstorm...I had NO food in my dorm room...couldn't drive in the snow...and was so lonely! They fed me, took me to the movies to see "T0y St0ry" and generally kept me company until campus life resumed. Monica is gracious...has a kind and gentle spirit...she loves her Jesus...and you can see it in her eyes...all the time!

I nominate my friend, Alana. Alana and I are also friends from college. She is one of the most beautiful women I know. She is married...has two adorable boys...loves her Lord and lives her life to bring glory to him! She's also so real and writes about life as it is...ups and downs alike...and she likes the word "um." Me too, Alana! Thanks for always encouraging me and making me smile!

I nominate my friend Juli...another friend from college...though I met her during my graduate studies. Juli was an undergrad...but she was the awesomest! :) She is always a joy...her smile is contagious! She's a talented violinist and I hope one day to have a wedding and have her play my down the aisle! She is married to a dear man and has three of the most adorable babies...yep...three kids under the age of 4! On top of that, she's a phenomenal teacher!

Finally, I nominate...yet another college friend, Tiffany. We were grad students together and got to share an apartment for a semester. Tiffany is a hoot...she loves to "dig for gold" in ice cream - you know getting out the candy! She is married to the love of her life who caused her to ring up HUGE phone bills! :) They have a sugar sweet girl and a brand new baby boy! Tiffany, just thinking of your smile - how it covers your whole face -makes me smile!

Can you tell I liked my college and the friends I made??? Here's a plug...Go Milligan Buffs!

This is what you need to do....
Here are the Smile Award rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Hope I did it all...this is my first award after all! I hope you will visit these dear friends...I know they will encourage you just as they've encouraged me! I love you guys!

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

3 comments:

Alana said...

Thanks Angie! I'm honored! My sweet friend. Sometimes I wish we could forget this whole grown up life and go back to Milligan. Love ya!

Monica said...

Thanks so much Angie! It really does seem like yesterday that we scraped the car of ice and braved the roads to go and see that movie at the Bonnie Kate. I think we were the only ones there. Good times and good friends:) Many blessings.

The Roach Family said...

Thank you so much! You are so sweet. I love you!