Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Poor Max...


I smelled him before I saw him...not a good sign! Max had some explosive diarrhea today while I was at school. He stays in a crate during the day, so the mess was SOMEWHAT contained. I saw somewhat because somehow it was even on the floor around the crate! Thankfully, the floor is tile. I took him outside where he continued to go. That's when I noticed that it was full of blood. Panic ran through me...ya'll know how much I love my dog! I called the vet and they said to bring him in...interesting travel, let me tell you! Good news is that the tests they did today were all negative and he does seem to be feeling better tonight. Maybe it was just a little bug. They did give him some antibiotics and special food to use for a few days.
At the vet, they were kind enough to wash him off a little, but the stink was still there. Mom was kind enough to come over and help me get him cleaned up! He looked like a drowned rat! He was good through it all though - I felt so bad for him! It seems I can still smell the stink on him, but it's way better than it was...I am not sure if my downstairs will ever get rid of the smell! A huge thanks to Nana for helping with the bath and Papa Tom for cleaning up the crate...double UGH! Here's hoping we can make it through the night with no problems!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Me thinks I'd be visiting a doggie spa tomorrow...
Preferably one that is owned by a retired Eastman Chemical person that's lost his sense of smell...
:)