Thursday, June 18, 2009

Precious...priceless

On March 31, 2009, My cousin and his wife welcomed their son into the world. A few weeks later, they all came to visit and introduce Granny to her first great-grandchild. I am sorry that I can't get all the pictures to rotate correctly. What a treasure...






These were taken about 15 years ago on my grandparents' anniversary. When I took this series of shots, I never dreamed of what they would mean to me. Papaw had bought Granny a beautiful anniversary ring...he was proud as a peacock to be giving this gift to her. She most often just carried it in her purse for fear that something would happen to it. The ring has been passed to my Aunt Becky. I hope it spends more time on her finger than in her purse!






Now THIS is a precious memory!










1 comment:

Monica said...

Sweetness!! I love the picture of your grandma laying down by the baby. One of my favorite pictures is of Sean's Grandma holding Elizabeth (her namesake). Later that evening she went to sleep and never woke up. I don't know about you, but I'm thankful for cameras.