Monday, November 16, 2009

The Skinny

Look at these cute finds from the weekend!  I can't wait to wear them!  I've looked at these overalls for a long time, but never bought them.  This weekend, they were on sale - 40% off.  I know they may not be trendy...but I love them and I can't wait until spring to wear them!


Isn't this jacket beautiful?  Also 40% off!  Can't wait to wear them!

But there's something that has to happen first. I need to lose nearly half of myself!  I am preparing for gastric bypass surgery.  I started the process about a year ago and finally got insurance approval last week.  It's been quite a testy ride - which sadly seems to be my norm!  My surgery will be in December sometime.  I am hoping to get an actual date this week sometime.  I know it's got plenty of risks, but for me and my situation, the good outweighs the bad.  I have one of the best surgery teams in the region with a fantastic record and lots of support from friends - some of whom have been through the surgery themselves - and family.  Please keep me in your prayers as surgery gets closer.  I will keep you posted!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Okay, that coat is ridiculously cute! I am loving it!

Also, we'll be praying for you as you prepare for your surgery. I am so happy to hear that you have a great team to perform it. Jesus will be right next to you during that operation taking care of you the whole way! I just know it! : )

tiffany said...

I am a huge fan of overalls and those are adorable!!

What a brave girl you are! I hope everything goes just great for you with the surgery. What an exciting adventure.

(and maybe this has something to do with God's timing for your little one! she will come home to a healthier mama wearing cute overalls!)

Cindy said...

Angie,
I will say a prayer for a safe and easy surgery and recovery! I know you will do great! Cute finds! Can't wait to see the pix of you wearing them!
xo, Cindy

Christy said...

where'd ya find those??? i LOVE, LOVE the jacket! i've gotta get on the ball so I can wear it too. ;o)

Amy Maze said...

oh angie...we do have so much in common! (don't we say that to each other on every post??) i started to process for gastric surgery over a year ago then got scared and didn't pursue it further. i will be praying for you. i think it is a great thing to do and i can't wait to hear about your transformation! i hope you blog about it! the clothes are adorable!

Monica said...

You'll be in my prayers as you prepare and recover from surgery. You are going to take us along for the journey, aren't you?