Thursday, December 31, 2009

Domestic Diva in the making

I woke up this morning with BIG plans.  A family friend was coming over to help me take down all my Christmas stuff since I can't lift much yet.  Before she arrived I decided to make the most of some mushy bananas and made some banana muffins.  Then, I cleaned the kitchen, started the dishwasher, folded a load of laundry and started another load of laundry.  Mom and I even hung some curtains over my deck doors!



Awhile later I went in to the laundry room to put the load in the washer into the dryer...that's when I discovered that the washer had...well...apparently passed away. The tub was full of water and my dirty clothes.  I was afraid that instead of RINGING in the new year, I would be WRINGING out my wet clothes!  I was so thankful that a repairman was able to come out within 2 hours...and the fix was simple and (relatively) inexpensive.  The sensor switch on the lid had broken which kept the machine from starting the cycle.  Whew!  I am so thankful that I was able to finish out my laundry!

No comments: