Today was the hardest day so far. I am grumpy, emotional, and tired and the kids at school have full moon/Christmas-itis. If you don't know, that's not a good combination.
Today the cafeteria was serving my favorite lunch - brunch for lunch: gravy, biscuits, eggs, sausage, tator tots, and fried apples. And as if that weren't enough, the PTA was kind enough to have an Italian luncheon for the teachers. What a day! I am very thankful that the food was in the library which is in a separate building so I didn't have to smell it all day! That helped! During lunch, I went to get a very large unsweet tea - then I sipped on chicken broth. No matter how I tried, the broth just didn't taste like lasagna and garlic bread!
I can't really complain though - this is a choice I've made and this is part of the process, so I have to just suck it up and get over it. *sniff, sniff*
My friend Amy asked a question that I thought I would answer here. She wondered why I chose the bypass over the lap-band. There are actually a few reasons...
1. The weight loss with the band is slower. Which can be a good thing...but I am not very patient!
2. The band is a foreign object in your body that your body may reject. Also, sometimes it slips requiring additional surgery. It can also get scar tissue growing around it which can cause issues.
3. With the band, there is no real change to your stomach and it is possible to continue to eat the same things if you eat slowly. You can eat mini snickers all day long...
4. Men often do better with the band than women because they tend to sit and eat MEALS...women are more grazers (that would be me!) Grazers don't do well with the band because if you eat slowly enough...you can eat anything. I need the checks and balances of the bypass which will cause me to feel sick if I make yucky choices or eat too much.
5. In talking with my doctor about my eating habits and lifestyle, he suggested the bypass would give me better success...and I agreed!
I am sure I could make a list as long or longer about why I should have chosen the band...or why I shouldn't do either...but for what it's worth, I made my choice and I feel very peaceful and super excited. (we won't talk about the grumpies right now!)
Seven days to go...today I almost drooled when I saw a pack of saltines...gonna be a long 7 days! I could use all the prayers you could send up!