Friday, January 1, 2010

Fragile

Must be Italian...

Earlier today during the madness that was part of my domestic Diva day, the doorbell rang...it was the mail carrier with a package just for me!  My friend Tina had sent me a Christmas present.

Tina is a dear friend that I met while I was working at a church in Indiana.  One of our favorite things to do was to go to one of the local antique stores.  I decided that it would be so fun to have a collection of mismatched China instead of buying dishes.  That was before I knew how expensive each plate would be!  Instead of planning on a whole kitchen full, I started collecting a pieces of a particular China pattern...which just happened to be the same pattern that her grandma used to have.  For special occasions, Tina usually finds me some piece of the China. 

I have gotten quite a collection and it looks so beautiful in my China hutch.  In my package today, there was my favorite piece so far...


I love it!  Thanks, Tina!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I like it. It is old fashioned, yet modern. I don't know you, but you are on my heart as you wait for Emma

Unknown said...

Beautiful! What a fun package to receive!

Happy New Year - keep me informed as to your process with things. I'd be glad to connect more if it would be helpful.
Kelly

Sydney said...

What a sweet tea pot! I love it and it suits you beautifully!