Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Glittery Pieces of Heaven

Monday was my first day back to school.  It was just a work day - no kids.  I am always thankful for that day...just to get my feet wet in the room again and get it ready for the new year. It was good to be back in my classroom and made me excited to see my kiddos.  I worked on getting my bulletin boards ready...putting up 2010 and all.  I never would have thought that I'd use stomach muscles to staple up bulletin boards...but I sure was sore last night. 

I spent the evening working on report cards and other paperwork for school.  And all the while...there were glittery pieces of Heaven falling from the sky...yep!  It was snowing!  Schools all over started calling in delays and closings...not mine, of course.  I had this theory that if I stayed up really late and got everything done...that maybe we'd be more likely to have a delay.  Well, I got almost all of it done, but finally went to bed...praying all the while that school would be closed!

It felt like I had just closed my eyes when my phone beeped with a text - SCHOOL CLOSED!  WOW!  Not only a delay, but the whole day!  Those glittery bits had come through for me! 

When I woke up this morning, I had great plans.  I still had about 10 report cards...and plenty of clothes etc to put away and things to straighten.  No such luck...I've stayed snuggled up watching Little House, and napping all day...accomplished nothing that I needed to.  Now it's nearly bedtime...and I still have report cards...

Oh glittery pieces of Heaven...still falling from the sky...please come through for me again and cause us to be out of school again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Susan said...

psssst... Providence is closed. :)
Hope you get your text beep!

Unknown said...

OH! You are so lucky! I love snow days! I have a special rubbermaid box for the kids called "the snow day box." I keep special little toys and videos in there that are only allowed out on a snow day. We ALL look forward to those mental health/relaxation days at home!
Kelly