I have been on the Special Needs list with my agency since May 2008. I asked to be placed on hold in January 2009 in anticipation of surgery that I was hoping to have in the summer. Well, when surgery couldn't happen until December, I asked to be kept on hold. In my mind I was trying to order everything...waiting for the perfect time to reactivate my status. I finally decided that there is no "perfect" time and there is never enough money...so why not do it now??
...and I am #1 on my agency's list
...and a list is going to be released on Monday
...calls will be made Tuesday morning
...and Emma COULD be on it!!!!
You can pick your chin up off the floor now!
So...what now? here's the scoop. I have asked to be matched with a baby girl...less than 2 years old with minor needs not requiring multiple surgeries. If there is a child that matches that description...and my SW can get to the match, I will have an opportunity to review that file and decide if it's the right fit. The kicker is that there are 50 other agencies looking at this same list...I don't know how many children will be on the list. If I decide to pursue a child, I will have 48 hours to have the file reviewed by docs and complete the necessary paperwork. yes, there is more paperowork.
I need lots of prayer! Could you be lifting up these specific needs?
- that the Lord would help my SW, Sarah, to have wisdom as she searches the files throughout the night for the families on the list.
- I am likely to at least have a file to review, but there is no guarantee that it will be the right match for me. Please pray for clarity of thought as I review the files. That I would not be blinded by the precious faces needing a family...or frightened by the scope of it all...it's a lot of information to be able to sort through.
- For peace...that the Lord would give me strength to say "no" if a child is not the right fit...even if it means not getting a match this month.
- That the Lord would give me an immediate and overwhelming sense of peace if it is my child.
- For my friends Amy (another single momma to be) and Kelly (and fam) as they are probably going to be reviewing files as well.
- wisdom for the doctors who will be reviewing my files and determining with me if this is a good fit for me. There are so many things to consider!
- For many families to see the faces of their children...and many children to be one step closer to their forever family!