Tuesday, November 30, 2010

O Christmas Tree


Last night was the lighting of our city's Christmas Tree.  Matt and Syd went with us.  Emma was a little anxious with the crowd, so she wanted to be held the whole time.  We were glad to oblige.
My greatest fear is fire, so I was not too keen on the whole candle thing.  Syd had her own plan...and Emma's vote was with Syd's plan. 


I would hold her hand holding the candle and we would light it...and Emma would blow it out.  It was totally precious and for a few moments, I was ok with fire...sort of.

I was much more comfortable with her just playing with a non-lit candle.

More candle fun...notice the look of fear in my eyes.


But her laugh and smile was worth it...and nothing caught on fire!
Emma and Momma in front of the Christmas tree


And Emma with her Syd

Emma is loving Christmas so far...and it's been so fun to watch the season through her eyes...
and it's just beginning!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I see that look of fear. :)

Even with the look of fear, you are looking good, Ang!

Enjoy the fun as Christmas gets started. My kids are thrilled about their advent gifts from Nanma that start tomorrow. Of course, Lydia has already managed to unwrap a couple when no one was looking...stinker.

Kacey said...

It was great to finally see you and your baby Emma last night! You all are precious and I am so excited for you!
kacey