Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So much fun!

It has been quite a whirlwind holiday!  I can't believe it's come and gone...kind of makes me sad.  I have looked forward to celebrating Christmas with Emma for 5 years!  I even have ribbons from the past 4 Christmases that I have saved from my packages to someday put in her hair...what a wonderful time of the year - especially through the eyes of a child!

This Christmas was even more special since Uncle Tom and Aunt Lara were able to come home. It's been over 5 years since they've been home for Christmas! Since we wanted to spend as much time as possible with them - they live in California - we moved in with Nana and Papa for the week.

They came in at 11:30...way past bedtime, but they haven't seen Emma since the day we came home - they were in visiting while I was in China.  They were at the airport to greet us when we came home, but they left just a few hours after we got home.  She's SO changed - totally blossomed - since the met her so I couldn't wait for them to see her again...the REAL Emma!

Here's Emma and Papa waiting for Uncle Tom and Aunt Lara...Emma was in her jammies!




Yay!  Their plane just landed!
After that, I was so excited, I didn't take any more pictures...boo. 

The next day, my Dad's family came over for our Christmas celebration.  THis is the first time in over 10 years that the whole family has been together!  It was pretty special!



Emma got a special present from Aunt Amy...big girl panties!!!  Hmm...think we need a little extra practice!
She was SUPER excited about them.  We've been talking about them for several days since we are starting potty training TOMORROW!!!  She had to put them ALL on!

At the same time!  ;)

Thanks Aunt Amy!

Emma was a pro opening presents!  I think she liked opening them almost as much as the actual gift!


Playing piano with cousin Garron is so much fun!  Garron is my cousin Greg's son.  Greg and I were about 11 months apart...I am older...although he always thought he was older since his birthday came "first" - he's A february baby and I am March.  We spent a lot of time together growing up - Granny kept us all.  We are still close.  Emma and Garron are following in our footsteps...Emma is 11 months older than Garron...and they LOVE playing together even though we don't see each other as often as we'd like!
The littles get gifts, but the grown ups don't exchange gifts.  Instead, we play games...love this tradition!  It's so much fun.  We do have prizes...like dish wands which is what I won this year!  It's always the highlight of the season!

Here's Emma playing Bingo with Alex.


And later with her panties and cousin Adam's skis...I mean shoes.

Garron got her this fun baby swing...such a hit!

All the family together!  what a blessing!  I am so very thankful for my family!

Who needs presents when you have bags???? 

Playing piano with Uncle Tom


Tom is actually very musically gifted...plays drums, bagpipes, and banjo. 
Singing, however, is not one of his strong suites.  Emma didn't seem to mind.  I think they rather liked singing together!


No comments: