Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ADOPTION DAY!


The next morning Emma woke up quiet, but calm.  We got her dressed and prepared for adoption day!  A day with even more paperwork - could it be???  Had I not signed my name enough?  I guess not.  Emma played with the stacking cups while Amy and I got ready. 

Sorry - I cannot change the pics from the disc for some reason so some are sideways...

Working intently...
One of Emma's favorite foods in China was french toast.  I guess she couldn't decide whether to eat or drink...

At breakfast, there was a lady from England (I think) who was amazed that we had just met the day before.  She was so sweet.


We headed back to the Civil Affairs office for the interview and final paper signing.


Emma had to put her foot print on the paper to say she agreed, too!  ;)

Marked by love...


Signing...signing...signing...
And Emma just sat on my lap...not making a sound.

The manager of the orphanage was there as well and she gave us the sweetest gift...a bracelet engraved with her birthday.  The orphanage keeps one as well...



Emma trying on her bracelet... 

Here's a video of us at dinner.  we ordered congee for Emma which is a rice porridge type dish.  I imagined a small bowl...it was HUGE!  Enough to feed a small army!  At one point during dinner, I was trying to use chopsticks to get a dumpling and I was not being successful in the least!  Finally, feeling sorry for me, our guide helped out and got one for me.  I told her she was much better with chopsticks than I was.  Her quick-witted reply..."Well, you are much better at fork."  One of my favorite non-Emma related memories!  You will notice a poor mother moment when Emma grabs the congee and spills the hot soup on her little hand.  I was very thankful that she was not burned!


After dinner, it was time for another bath...not any better than the night before!

Emma slept well...such a trooper.  I was so excited knowing that one of the outings I was most looking forward to on the trip was the next day...The Terra Cotta Warriors.  It was also my sweet baby's birthday.  HOw blessed I was to be able to have her before her 2nd birthday!

Fast forward to now...my little girl is asleep in her bed dreaming He11o Kitty birthday dreams.  She is so excited about her birthday!  I got cupcakes for her to share with her friends tomorrow.  We are planning to finally paint our plate that we wanted to do on Gotcha Day after school.  Then, she chose Mexican for dinner...well, salsa anyway.  The girl loves salsa and guacamole! 


No comments: