Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A few more Gotcha Day memories...

Leaving the Civil Affairs Office was rough for Lan Lan.  She was ok...I was holding her, but then I handed her to Amy while I got the carrier ready.  When I handed her to Amy, the crying began in earnest again.  She wailed.  Even after I got her back, she was really struggling.  It was pitiful.  I knew I was taking her away from all she'd known.  While we were in the room with her nanny, there was still some familiar.  When we  left...familiar was gone.  It was heartbreaking. 
John thought it was all just a little much...


Once, we got outside and walking, she began to calm down.

We had to get some official type pictures made, so we walked to the photo shop.
We were all a little spent, so we decided to eat at the hotel buffet.  Emma walked...holding my hand so sweetly.

Such a brave girl...

The sweet thing ate everything I put before her.  She was a hungry girl!



And the personality started to appear...

We headed back to the room for bathtime.  Based on her referral, I was under the impression that she LIKED baths. 

Well...


...not so much!  She whimpered so pitifully.  She wasn't really crying loudly...jsut whimpering and GRIPPING the tub.  I got her washed up quickly and got her out of the tub.  I hoped that a little lotion massage would calm her...

She was not so convinced...

Once we started getting her jammies on, she was a little more comfortable.  I have to give a shout out to my friend Cindy for these cute jammies.  She sent them to me a LONG time ago!  She was my secret pal in an y*hoo group when we were first logged in in 2007.  I was so glad they fit Emma!


Time for a bottle...


Then, we skyped with some family and friends.  They needed to meet her LIVE!



While we  were talking to my friend, Sydney, she had a bit more bottle and fell right to sleep.  So peaceful in spite of the chaos of the day...




What a day!  What a blessing! 

No comments: