Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day thoughts...

Last year, I held Emma for the first time on Mother's Day.  It was such a surreal moment.  Tonight, I created a movie (seen in the post below) and as I spent hours looking through video and pictures, I was totally taken back to that day...to those emotions...the joy, the fear, the trying-not-to-cry-so-I-don't-freak-her-out, the way my heart ached when she cried because I knew I was taking her away from everything she'd ever known...it was the most amazing day.  That will forever be the best Mother's Day ever!

Today, I had all sorts of intentions with photos...but we had camera issues.  It helps if you put the memory card in.  BOO!  So, I will just tell you the story...

On days when we have time, I will get Emma from her crib and we will snuggle and talk and wake up in my bed for a few minutes.  Those are some of my favorite moments!  I was glad to be able to do that today.  We talked about last year.  When I tell her stories about China...or any story about her life so far, she will just listen so intently and often ask to hear it again!  I told her about walking into the room and seeing her from behind.  I knew it was her from the back of her head...I knew she was mine!  I told her how serious she was for the longest time and about how she finally just had to let it all out and have a good cry...and it was loud!  I told her how I just held her close and didn't want to ever let go.  I told her that I was so glad she made me a momma!

 We went to church with my Momma and then out to lunch.  While at lunch, she fell into a chair and I seriously expected HUGE amounts of blood.  No blood, but the edge of the chair left it's mark on her cheek.  Later, she hit her forehead and has a line/bruise there too.  At church tonight, she was chasing me and fell and skinned her knee.  Maybe it's a good thing we had camera issues...the girl's had a rough day!

She did give me the greatest gift...a 3 hour nap!  She had a busy day yesterday so I think she had some catching up to do.  I don't need an explanation...I just enjoyed it!  ;) 

Tomorrow, we will celebrate You are Mine day!  It's supposed to be beautiful, so I think we will head to the park to play and feed the ducks. Can't wait to spend the day with my girl...What a gift she is!  I am glad that she made me a momma!

No comments: