Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hip! Hip! Hooray! It's the 100th day!

Wow! I can't believe we have been in kindergarten for 100 days! I had planned on taking the day off. It's been a really difficult week for me. But then one of the kids said, "But, Miss B...we just can't celebrate the 100th day without you here." Needless to say, that sweet little girl gave me the strength to go and celebrate. Truthfully it was only the 99th day due to a snow day on Thursday, but all teachers know parties at the beginning of the week and NOT a good thing. Also, all day, I would have heard, "But you said that on Friday..." So we celebrated anyway...and will probably do a few more great things on Tuesday (we are out Monday for a Teacher Inservice day). I am bummed that I forgot my camera, but it was a fabulous day! We made hats, created structures with 100 toothpicks and 100 marshmallows, made a yummy "Hundredth Day snack." They get 10 pieces of 10 different things - cheerios, m&m's - you get the picture. And we watched 101 Dalmatians. Pretty great day! And the best thing about it is that it means we are more than halfway done with the year! YEEHA! 80 days to go!

No comments: