Sunday, January 27, 2008

Treasures

School has been tough this year. I have questioned my abilities as a teacher almost daily. Latley, my mornings are filled with dread about the coming day. Then along come treasures like these that remind me WHY I am a teacher and that I DO make a difference...even if I can't always see it!

This note is from Trevor. He is in my class this year and His mom teaches K with me. I told her I thought she put Trevor up to this because I had a bad day, but she still says she didn't! This is one note I will not throw away!


For those of you not familiar with kindergarten-ese, it says, "I love you, Miss barnett. You are cool and nice. You are pretty. I love you!"

Then I got an email from one of last years students. Last year was my favorite year EVER! I guess God was trying to build me up for this year being so rough!

"i love u miss b i miss u as a teacher and i miss my class. I hope you get Emma soon and i hope she is a very good baby for a very good mom love ya lots love chloe. LOVEYA"

God is good, isn't He?

3 comments:

tiffany said...

Ah so cute! My recently turned 5 yr old leaves notes like this all over the house and its great entertainment trying to figure out what some of them say. :)

Your students probably dont even notice your less than great days! I bet they adore you just like I adored my first teachers. That is the best age! :)

kitchu said...

That is incredibly sweet...

Kristen said...

How did I miss your updates! I have some letters like this one. I have a special file for them. When I'm having a bad day, I take out my "fun file" and look at the letters and notes I've received over the years. I don't think the kids realize how special they are. I say pin this note to your bulletin board where you can see it everyday. I know what it is to have a difficult year, and you'll make it through!
Kristen