Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tree Update

I did work this weekend on my organizing and cleaning. I should have taken before and after pictures, but I would be too embarrassed!



My house used to be two apartments, but I am using the whole thing. This is the "other" kitchen which makes a GREAT office/storage room. I will really miss this in my condo. Before, there were so many piles on the counter that I couldn't see it at all! The trash can was in the sink so as to keep "Not Me" out of the trash. You know that person, don't you? See I am the only one here besides Max, and I know I don't get into the trash, but he always looks at me as if to say, "Well, it certainly wasn't ME who made that mess!" So I put it up there to keep "Not Me" out...I have to do the same thing in the kitchen!
My desk was also a mess with papers that needed to be filed...they are now filed or in notebooks.
Before, the sink was full of dishes and a peace lilly. You see, I forget about plants. I had to put my poor peace lilly in the intensive care sink for a few days, but she is doing much better, thank you! She is now on the floor in the kitchen so that maybe I will water her more regularly. I also had to move my bamboo out of the window sill...I think she was getting too cold. Both plants are together closer to a heater. I can't wait to have a dishwasher...even if it will take a few days to fill it up...at least the dishes will sit out of sight. I still need to put the clean dishes away, but I don't worry about someone coming over and seeing a counter full of CLEAN dishes.

I am still trudging along in all the other areas. My weight was up a pound, but I think it's fluid and I am hoping it will be back or down in a few days. I am still up to date on my daily Bible reading. Budget is still not there, but I am not giving up!


2 comments:

kitchu said...

I am SO stealing the "intensive care sink"! I'm horrible with plants. Recently I had to send my African violet to my ex MIL to be nursed... came back and I just got a bloom off of it, finally!

Erica said...

You are really doing well! I was late to start my resolutions, but I am eating better, getting more fluids, reading my Bible, and trying to go to bed earlier. It's so tough, but it encourages me to see you do it!