Sunday, January 27, 2008

Years ago I went to the Children's Pastors conference in Nashville, TN. I met this couple, Troy and Genie and they were so amazing, so down to earth. I bought several cd's and I go through phases when I will listen to them. Currently I am listening to this CD as I go to sleep. Typically I am not a music listener as I fall asleep, but I have been having toruble sleeping and these songs really help. The words to this one speak my heart right now. Maybe they will yours too! You can see and hear more of their great work in music and missions at geniesongs.com

Total Eclipse
By Troy & Genie Nilsson & Darrell Brown

It's like a total eclipse
When I can't see you
Total eclipse ---
When I can't hear you
Total eclipse ---
when I can't feel you

God I can't see you
And I wonder if you're there
My problems loom so large,
I wonder if you care
God I can't hear you

Like a total eclipse of the sun by the moon
A total eclipse
Something small gets between me and you
A total eclipse
When There's a total eclipse between you & me
What I'm staring at is all I can see

God, are you hiding?
Can you hear the tears I cry?
I feel the darkness as I look up to the sky
The light is dying

It's like a Total Eclipse
A total eclipse-when The moon hides the sun
Though The sun is bigger by a billion to one
Like a total eclipse of the sun by the moon
Something small gets between me & you
But a circle of light̢۪s on the edge of the night
Hope's corona's glowing so bright

Like a total eclipse when the sun disappears
There's a chill in the air and a feeling of fear
But Soon the Eclipse will be over and done
For the SON is bigger by a billion to oneW
hen I remove what's between me and you
I'll see you from a new point of view...
It's like a total eclipse ---
God I will see you
After the total eclipse

No comments: