Friday, August 22, 2008

Faithful

An amazing thing happened tonight...but let me go back a bit. Growing up, I had my dreams just like any one else. My dream included a husband just out of college, three kids before 28, white picket fence...you get the picture. I wanted perfection. Needless to say, I don't have the husband, kids, or the picket fence...and I am well past 28! I have struggled with this unfulfilled dream, but parts of that seem to be coming together...

Now, fast forward to yesterday. I got a call letting me know that my nursery furniture is in and ready! Today, I got a call that I will be ready to close on my condo and move in in about 2 weeks! Maybe at least the "picket fence" part is coming together!

Tonight, as I drove to Bible study, I saw just a smidge of a rainbow...it wasn't the beautiful arching rainbow, but still it was beautiful. I had Selah's "Bless the Broken Road" cd in and the song, "The Faithful One" was playing. Here are the lyrics

The Faithful One
lyrics by Christy Nockels
I find no hope within to call my own
For I am frail of heart, my strength is gone
But deep within my soul is rising up a song
Here in the comfort of the faithful one

I walk a narrow road through valleys deep
In search of higher ground, on mountains steep
And though with feet unsure, I still keep pressing on.
For I am guided by the faithful one.

Faithful, faithful to the end,
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful, Faithful, so faithful to me

I see your wounded hands,
I touch your side
With thorns upon your brow you bled and died
But there’s an empty tomb, a love for all who come
And give their hearts to you, the faithful one.

Faithful, faithful to the end,
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful,
Faithful, so faithful to me

And when the day is dawned and when the race is run
I will bow down before God’s only Son
And I will lift my hands in praise for all you’ve done
And I will worship you, my faithful one.

As I listened to that song and watched the rainbow, I couldn't help but think about my life. It hasn't looked like I thought it would...neither did this rainbow, but still it's beautiful. God's faithfulness is still there...in that moment, I wished that I had a convertible and someone to hold the wheel, cause I just wanted to raise my hands as high as I could to praise my Father...the Faithful One!

5 comments:

Christy said...

It makes me smile that you find joy in some "forgotten" places! Hugs to you.

Alana said...

What a great post, Angie. I think we all find ourselves in those moments where things aren't exactly as we imagined them to be. It is a comfort to know that God is faithful. I love the song, "He's Always Been Faithful" by Sarah Groves. Have you ever heard it?

Susan said...

Wow two (2)! weeks! I was thinking more like 2 months left! Thats fantastic! I can't wait for the Open House~~! :)

Kacey said...

That is a beautiful post - it gave me chill bumps! Thank you for sharing.

Tiffany said...

Beautifully written post! You are an amazing person, Angie. God has wonderful things in store for you, I am sure of it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.