- Bubbles, one of our new fish, died this weekend. Tried to replace him before the kids came back on Monday, but it didn't happen...sadness.
- Max ran off on Saturday (we were at school working) and I couldn't find him...scared the living daylights out of me. I looked for about 10-15 minutes, then found him waiting on me at the door to the school. I didn't know whether to love on him or yell at him...I loved on him.
- My sweet M&M girls (my best friend, Kristi's, daughters) started school today - Maisey is in first grade and Marley is in Kindergarten. Both of them had a great day and it was so fun to hear them talk about it tonight on the phone. Maisey had a great plan - "wouldn't it be great if we could just blink our eyes and you could be here?" Oh how I wish I could!
- I also wish I could blink and my housework would be done.
- Roots are interesting things...they go down deep, they are hard to get out, and sometimes you trip on them. Funny...that's true about real roots and emotional roots.
- My house is almost at nasty...I am embarrassed to say. So much for that blinking plan.
- China has finally made referrals for those logged in by January 31, 2006. There are exactly 365 days of referrals until mine...sadly they won't get through all of those days in just one year.
- I wonder when I will see Emma's face? Will she be a waiting child?
- Waiting is hard...I am praying that I learn what God is trying to teach me so I can get on with it already.
- My friend, Sydney, is struggling with waiting too...she needs a job. Bad. Pray for her!
- Tomorrow night is PTA Open house...and I don't have a stitch of kid's work on the walls, YET.
- God is in control of it all...not me...PRAISE GOD!
- Psalm 121:2-4 (New International Version)
2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
- I applied for an adoption assistance grant... please pray that I get what I need to help with the remaining adoption and travel expenses.
- God is good, isn't He? I am thankful that I can lay even the little things in his capable hands.
Monday, August 18, 2008
In a Nutshell
So life has been busy, but boring...not much to post about...here are some high/low lights...