Saturday, February 21, 2009

Come and Listen

Take a minute and listen to the first song on my p1aylist. It's called, "Come and Listen" by the David Crowder band. My friend, Sydney, had this song sung at her wedding. I had never heard it before that day. Today, we were talking about it and I couldn't remember the words. So tonight, I looked it up and had to add it to my list. I think it just might be my new favorite song.

Sometimes I get blindsided by life...I let life crowd out my view of Jesus and all He has done for me. Does that ever happen to you? I've been struggling lately...I think the big thing is that I am missing Jesus. I know that He is with me all the time...I know in my heart that His love is the only constant...I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am in His hand and I am loved. But I let myself get bogged down and I let myself forget the very truth of these things that I know! My KNOWING and my FEELING just can't get it together. I forget somehow that even in the valley...even in the dark of night...even here...He is so faithful...He is still true...He is still the essense of love...and it is HIM that I need. I don't need a house. I don't need a baby. I don't need more money. I don't need a husband (but, let's be very clear on this... if you know a cute, single, Christian (with teeth) I am not opposed!). I need Jesus more than I need any of these things...even more than I need the air that I breath! Even though I don't have those things that I THINK I need to make me happy, there is so very much that He HAS done for me...Wow...there aren't words enough in the Universe to write it all.

So tonight, as I listened to this song and really thought about what I would tell you if you came to listen to what He has done for me, I felt a renewed sense of love from and to my dear Savior. Oh how I pray that I will walk in the fullness of HIS joy and HIS love and stop trying to find it among the empty things of this world.

No comments: