Monday, September 7, 2009

A visit to the sock monkey hospital

For Christmas this year, I got Max a sock monkey. He loves big toys that hit him in the face when he slings them around...strange, I know. He played and played with that monkey until the inevitable happened...he tore the arm off. There was a period of mourning in our house. I placed the sock monkey on top of the entertainment center until I could fix it. For awhile, Max would sit and stare up to the top of the entertainment center - as if he was willing the sock monkey to come play with him.

Today, I finally got around to fixing him. Max sat right by my chair the whole time I sewed...patiently attending his dear friend. Here he is - post surgery - although you can't really see where I sewed...I am not photographically inclined...I'm just a wanna be! Max and his best friend...together again...at least until Max tears off the other arm!


1 comment:

tiffany said...

This makes me laugh. The sign of a well loved toy...a missing limb!