Monday, December 21, 2009

Fun times with old friends


By the way...that's me in the middle...look how SHORT I look!  The sweet girl beside me, LynLeigh, was in my class last year...yes...I am more the height of a 3rd grader!

I loved college!  I went to Milligan - a small, liberal arts college in Northeast Tennessee.  It was there that I met some of the best friends of my life.  Of course, most of these friends have moved away, but several are still around...kinda sad how infrequently we get to see each other even though we live close.  This week, one friend and his family are visiting from California so it gave us a great reason to get together. 

We met at a local BBQ place and reminiced about all the pranks the guys pulled...like knives in the hymnals so that when we opened them during chapel to sing...they all fell clanging to the floor.  Then there was the time one of them drove all over campus in his truck dragging a sofa...which caught fire...dropping tennis balls through the recessed light spots during senior sermons...stealing the maintenance truck and moving it all over campus...and then sticking the horn and locking the doors.  We decided that it's a good thing their children are all girls, cause their sons would be in jail! 

We had our share of fun and pranks, but in the end, there's a bond between us all because of Jesus and I know that if I needed anything...I could call on them.  Thanks for a fun afternoon, friends!

2 comments:

Susan said...

you sure look mucho better than the last time I saw you at JCMC!! Looks like lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Reunions with old friends like this are so much fun! Glad to see you were feeling up to it! Have a fantastic week!
Kelly (also short, btw -- 5'1" and 1/2")