Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Where it all began...

It was on the very bench 6 years ago that I decided to begin the process to adopt Emma.  And look where we are now?  WOW!  Praising the Lord for His faithfulness!

We were at the beach with 2 other families.  We had gone to dinner and Amaris and I were sitting on this bench just talking.  I told her that if I wasn't married by the time I was 40, I was going to adopt a baby from China.  She asked why I was waiting...why not do it now while I had the energy? 

Why not?

That got my wheels turning.  

The next night, most of the others went to a show.  I went to the bookstore.  I bought 3 books and a journal.

The Idi*ts Guide to Adoption
Ad*option for Dummies
and The Lost Daughters of China

I read through them all over the next days.  I couldn't sleep at night I was so excited...anxious to get home and research how to get to my girl.  It was such a turning point in my life.

Little did I know the wait would be so long and so frustrating at times...but she was and is SO worth the wait!

How wonderful it feels to be here now WITH my girl...the one I waited for so long.

Love. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful vacation and full circle one :)

Enjoy